Our mission at Tamassee-Salem Elementary School is to provide a safe learning environment where all students reach their full potential.
We envision a school where:
- Emphasis is placed on self-discipline, individual responsibility and citizenship.
- Students are provided challenging and attainable educational experiences.
- Every student achieves his/her potential in a safe learning environment.
- Teachers utilize new technology, innovative techniques, and appropriate instructional strategies and methods.
- The standards-based curriculum is made relevant to the students’ world.
- Parents/guardians, educators, and community members are committed to the best education for each child.
We invite you to attend one of our three Town Hall style meetings to learn more about Oconee Virtual Academy. We will share details about how it works, what grade levels are offered; current students, families and staff will share their experience; and you will have a chance to ask questions. Please join us for whichever meeting fits in your schedule best.
Tuesday, January 25th 6PM at the Walhalla Middle Auditorium
Thursday, January 27th6PM at the West-Oak Middle Cafeteria
Tuesday, February 1st 6PM at the Blue Ridge Elementary Cafeteria
SDOC Announces 2022 4K Screening Dates
Please call 864-718-5133 as soon as possible to schedule an appointment.
Families with children who will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2022 are encouraged to schedule a 4K screening to determine if their child is eligible to attend an SDOC 4K program.
This information is being sent as a reminder of the district’s inclement weather procedures.
Any decision to move to eLearning will be made by 6:00AM.
Announcement of a decision to move to eLearning will be made through the following outlets:
- SDOC/school websites & SDOC App (immediate posting with up to date information)
- School Messenger Call System (delivered to parents & staff via phone, email or text)
- Radio (WGOG–101.7FM, The Lake 94.1 or 1150AM, WCCP-105.5FM, WJMZ 107.3)
- Local TV (WYFF-4, WSPA-7, WHNS-21)
- Twitter @OconeeSC_school
- Facebook – School District of Oconee County
As the district announced last week, the SC State Department of Education re-instituted the requirement of face masks for students and drivers** on buses. School districts were given until August 30th to be in compliance. The SCDE released a revised memo on Friday, August 26th, to clarify that districts shall implement disciplinary measures for not wearing the mask.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Emergency Broadband Benefit will provide a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households.
Drive Smart is a driving course, taught by the SDOC School Resource Officers, that all students must take prior to driving and parking on one of our campuses. Cost of the course is $25.00.