Our mission at Tamassee-Salem Elementary School is to provide a safe learning environment where all students reach their full potential.
We envision a school where:
- Emphasis is placed on self-discipline, individual responsibility and citizenship.
- Students are provided challenging and attainable educational experiences.
- Every student achieves his/her potential in a safe learning environment.
- Teachers utilize new technology, innovative techniques, and appropriate instructional strategies and methods.
- The standards-based curriculum is made relevant to the students’ world.
- Parents/guardians, educators, and community members are committed to the best education for each child.
SDOC is continually reviewing safety and security measures. To enhance safety inside athletic venues, the district will implement a Clear Bag Protocol as part of the screening process to enter all athletic events for the 2022-2023 school year. A clear bag is easily searched, reduces faulty bag searches, and supports the Department of Homeland Security's "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign.
SPECTATORS WILL BE PERMITTED TO CARRY
ONE LARGE CLEAR BAG UP TO 12” X 12” X 6”
PLUS A SMALL CLUTCH PURSE up to 4.5" X 6.5"
TSE “Challenge to be Great” Scholarship Fund
Tamassee-Salem Elementary School, with the support of Keowee Falls Cliffs Residents Outreach, Inc. (CRO), is starting a scholarship fund for the 2022 Tamassee-Salem Elementary School 5th grade class. The purpose of this scholarship is to challenge students to believe that with hard work and determination, they can reach greatness. Upon graduation, each eligible student will receive a $1000 scholarship to attend the two- or four-year post-secondary school of their choice.
The newsletter linked below has important information for next school year concerning student attendance, meals, dress code, and concerns about vaping in our schools. It also includes a link to registration dates for next year and information on summer meals. We encourage all of our families to read through the information provided.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Emergency Broadband Benefit will provide a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households.