Our mission at Tamassee-Salem Elementary School is to provide a safe learning environment where all students reach their full potential.
We envision a school where:
- Emphasis is placed on self-discipline, individual responsibility and citizenship.
- Students are provided challenging and attainable educational experiences.
- Every student achieves his/her potential in a safe learning environment.
- Teachers utilize new technology, innovative techniques, and appropriate instructional strategies and methods.
- The standards-based curriculum is made relevant to the students’ world.
- Parents/guardians, educators, and community members are committed to the best education for each child.
The School District of Oconee County has partnered with FinalForms, an online forms and data management service, to allow families to complete and sign enrollment/registration forms for students online. Parents of returning students that have an email address on file will receive a confirmation email from FinalForms in the next 2-3 days with the information needed to begin registration. Parent’s that do not receive an email may call their student’s school beginning Monday, July 26th to begin the registration process. More information can be found on the ENROLL page ofthe district website.
Children in the School District of Oconee County 4K and Kindergarten classes will begin school on a staggered start for the 2021-2022 school year. From Monday, August 16 through Thursday, August 19th, 4K and Kindergarten students will attend just one day of school. Teachers will contact parents/guardians to schedule what day of the week their child will attend school, schedule parent conferences for 4K students, and review other details about the staggered start procedures.
At its regularly scheduled board meeting held on July 19, 2021, the School District of Oconee County Board of Trustees approved the hiring of two new assistant principals for the 2021-2022 school year.
Drive Smart is a driving course, taught by the SDOC School Resource Officers, that all students must take prior to driving and parking on one of our campuses. Cost of the course is $25.00.
2021-2022 School Year Information including start of school dates, drop-off and dismissal times, student registration, new district website, free/reduced meal application.
SDOC Final 4K Screening Date will be held on Thursday, July 29th