Our mission at Tamassee-Salem Elementary School is to provide a safe learning environment where all students reach their full potential.
We envision a school where:
- Emphasis is placed on self-discipline, individual responsibility and citizenship.
- Students are provided challenging and attainable educational experiences.
- Every student achieves his/her potential in a safe learning environment.
- Teachers utilize new technology, innovative techniques, and appropriate instructional strategies and methods.
- The standards-based curriculum is made relevant to the students’ world.
- Parents/guardians, educators, and community members are committed to the best education for each child.
The School District of Oconee County has partnered with DHEC to provide increased testing availability for SDOC students and staff. Drive-thru testing will be available at the Bountyland Education Campus from 8:00am to 2:00pm Monday through Friday.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Emergency Broadband Benefit will provide a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households.
The School District of Oconee 2021-2022 school year COVID-19 Guidelines have been updated and posted on the district website. A summary of the changes is included below; complete guidelines can be found on the COVID-19 page of the district website.
Masks are now strongly encouraged for all students and staff
Visitors to school buildings will be limited to essential reasons only.
Elementary students will be “cohorted,” meaning classrooms will not “mix” with other classrooms throughout the day, including recess. Elementary students will eat meals in the classroom.
Field trips are suspended for the 1st 9 weeks of school.
Drive Smart is a driving course, taught by the SDOC School Resource Officers, that all students must take prior to driving and parking on one of our campuses. Cost of the course is $25.00.