Our mission at Tamassee-Salem Elementary School is to provide a safe learning environment where all students reach their full potential.
We envision a school where:
- Emphasis is placed on self-discipline, individual responsibility and citizenship.
- Students are provided challenging and attainable educational experiences.
- Every student achieves his/her potential in a safe learning environment.
- Teachers utilize new technology, innovative techniques, and appropriate instructional strategies and methods.
- The standards-based curriculum is made relevant to the students’ world.
- Parents/guardians, educators, and community members are committed to the best education for each child.
(once the presentation is opened, use the arrow buttons on your keyboard to move through each slide)
This information is being sent as a reminder of the district’s inclement weather procedures.
Any decision to move to eLearning will be made by 6:00AM.
Announcement of a decision to move to eLearning will be made through the following outlets:
- SDOC/school websites & SDOC App (immediate posting with up to date information)
- School Messenger Call System (delivered to parents & staff via phone, email or text)
- Radio (WGOG–101.7FM, The Lake 94.1 or 1150AM, WCCP-105.5FM, WJMZ 107.3)
- Local TV (WYFF-4, WSPA-7, WHNS-21)
- Twitter @OconeeSC_school
- Facebook – School District of Oconee County
The School District of Oconee County has transitioned to MySchoolBucks for student payments for the 2023-2024 school year. This payment platform will be used for all payments, including meals, field trips, athletic tickets, and others.
Families are encouraged to download the MySchoolBucks app and set up their account. Families can use the QR code below or visit www.myschoolbucks.com to register for an account or to download the app. A link can also be found on the parent table of the district and all school websites. Once in the app, be sure to select "South Carolina" and "School District of Oconee County" so you can add your student.
The newsletter linked below has important information for next school year concerning student attendance, students meals, technology, and concerns about vaping in our schools. It also includes a link to registration dates for next year, details on summer meals, and info on mental health resources. We encourage all of our families to read through the information provided.
SDOC is continually reviewing safety and security measures. To enhance safety inside athletic venues, the district will implement a Clear Bag Protocol as part of the screening process to enter all athletic events for the 2022-2023 school year. A clear bag is easily searched, reduces faulty bag searches, and supports the Department of Homeland Security's "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign.
SPECTATORS WILL BE PERMITTED TO CARRY
ONE LARGE CLEAR BAG UP TO 12” X 12” X 6”
PLUS A SMALL CLUTCH PURSE up to 4.5" X 6.5"
TSE “Challenge to be Great” Scholarship Fund
Tamassee-Salem Elementary School, with the support of Keowee Falls Cliffs Residents Outreach, Inc. (CRO), is starting a scholarship fund for the 2022 Tamassee-Salem Elementary School 5th grade class. The purpose of this scholarship is to challenge students to believe that with hard work and determination, they can reach greatness. Upon graduation, each eligible student will receive a $1000 scholarship to attend the two- or four-year post-secondary school of their choice.